100G over 100 km of dark fiber

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Fri Oct 30 15:28:54 UTC 2020

Hi jared

as others have pointed out there are lots of options

inphi offers these
https://www.inphi.com/products/colorz/

or use a box like packetlight, here is a Arista solution brief
https://www.arista.com/assets/data/pdf/Whitepapers/Arista_Packetlight_100G_Extension_Solution.pdf
and if you serch for openline systems there are a few that do smaller systems 2/4/8 ports that are available
FS even offers this
https://www.fs.com/de-en/specials/100g-fmx-transport-platform-103.html
more expensive than optics  but an alternative and you can stay in low 5 figures.

cisco has the ncs55a2 with these
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/network-convergence-system-5500-series/datasheet-c78-743732.html
that costs like a gazzilion dollars but your company may have great discounts...

HTH

Brian