plea for comcast/sprint handoff debug help

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Fri Oct 30 15:21:12 UTC 2020

Alex:

When I follow the RFC rabbit hole :

RFC6481 :  A Profile for Resource Certificate Repository Structure

The publication repository MUST be available using rsync
>          [RFC5781 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5781>] [RSYNC <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6481#ref-RSYNC>].  Support of additional retrieval mechanisms
>          is the choice of the repository operator.  The supported
>          retrieval mechanisms MUST be consistent with the accessMethod
>          element value(s) specified in the SIA of the associated CA or
>          EE certificate.

Then :

RFC8182 :  The RPKI Repository Delta Protocol (RRDP)

 This document allows the use of RRDP as an additional repository
>    distribution mechanism for RPKI.  In time, RRDP may replace rsync
>    [RSYNC <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8182#ref-RSYNC>] as the only mandatory-to-implement repository distribution
>    mechanism.  However, this transition is outside of the scope of this
>    document.

Is this not the case then that currently rsync is still mandatory, even if
RRDP is in place?  Or is there a more current RFC that has defined the
transition that I did not locate?