100G over 100 km of dark fiber

Vincentz Petzholtz v.petzholtz at syseleven.de
Fri Oct 30 14:27:40 UTC 2020

Hi Jared,

If it’s just a single 100G channel needed you could try 100GBASE-ZR4. Specified for 80km, 30db power budget they could actually reach more the 80km.
Dispersion should also be „no" problem in the 1310nm length. I have to say that I never tried this on 100km distance without coherent solutions.

Best regards,
Vincentz
PS: https://www.flexoptix.net/en/transceiver/q-161hg-80.html?co10728=100306