Apple Catalina Appears to Introduce Massive Jitter

Brielle bruns at 2mbit.com
Thu Oct 29 19:52:17 UTC 2020

On 10/29/2020 1:42 PM, Aaron C. de Bruyn via NANOG wrote:
> I have an old CloudKey that mysteriously doesn't seem to be getting
> updates anymore.

https://community.ui.com/releases/UniFi-Cloud-Key-Firmware-1-1-13/733dfc55-b61b-483b-afc1-77d7f2c1e032

4 months ago, if you want to stick strictly to stable...  More recent if
you run a beta release.

> I have an old CloudKey Gen2 Plus that hasn't received updates in about a
> year but the HDD died 8 months in.

Updates are from same link as above, and there's new builds based on
their new OS that integrates a bunch of separate controllers if you
don't mind beta...

Not sure about hard disk dying.

> I have a UDM Pro that's useless because the WAN port seems to have a
> manufacturing defect.

Its actually a software bug - I had it too on releases around 1.8.0.
It's actually fixed in 1.8.2-5 and later.

The other stuff, i can't really comment on.  But, I figured I'd correct
several statements of what I had knowledge on.  :-)

One thing I will note - I've had only one device out of hundreds go bad
in the last 10 years of using their products.  Usually, when you have
lots of failing hardware 'for some reason', its a good idea to look into
the reason 'why?'.  Could be bad grounds, could be dirty power...

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org