Apple Catalina Appears to Introduce Massive Jitter

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Thu Oct 29 19:29:54 UTC 2020

I also have all Ubiquiti  stuff at home, and I’ve deployed it in large installations of up to 100 APs. Beyond that it seems to hit some communication bottleneck in its spectrum allocation protocols, so I usually go to Aruba or Ruckus for networks larger than that.

Ubiquiti is pretty reliable, but you have to stay away from the latest release, just like anything. Its SDN implementation is quite impressive for what it does, especially for the fact that you get it for free (i’m talking to you, Cisco DNA :-). The only major downside is that it’s all Ubiquiti all the time: they don’t interoperate with anything else.

-mel via cell