Apple Catalina Appears to Introduce Massive Jitter

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Thu Oct 29 17:17:24 UTC 2020

On 10/29/20 19:12, colin johnston wrote:

> Hey Mark,
> Good shout with debug, same issue seen on MacBook Air with Catalina
> 10.15.6 beta, pings upto 150ms seen
> iMac with Sierra zero jitter and usually sub 1m pings
> Now need to find out why, I never noticed as wife using the MacBook Air :(
> I cant yet update to big sur since need lots of sad space, need to
> cutdown on university docs me thinks

Thanks, Col.

So confirmed that Big Sur has the same problem, both on newer and older
Mac's.

Issue seems to have surfaced somewhere around Mojave.

Most folk from various fora suggested Location Services were to blame. I
turned all of mine off, no joy.

A friend of mine in Malaysia noticed an improvement when he disabled
Handoff between the Mac and all his other iCloud-enabled devices. But
that didn't work for me.

Mark.