Apple Catalina Appears to Introduce Massive Jitter

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Thu Oct 29 12:55:40 UTC 2020

On 10/29/20 14:40, Jared Mauch wrote:

> 	I know there was a recent fix Apple did for devices talking to UBNT APs
> for their handsets, perhaps there's a similar fix needed on your side?
>
> 	I have all UBNT at home for wireless and periodically have some random
> issues which I can't explain, but for the most part have things tuned to ensure
> there's little to no interference.

I am running TP-Link AP's. Two of them are Google OnHub, which was built
by TP-Link, and the 3rd one is the TP-Link Archer C6.

So they all support 802.11ac, which is where my device spends most of
its time (5GHz).

No interference from my neighbors (separated by thick walls), and I am
running separate channels for both frequencies per device.

Also, no other wireless device is suffering like this.

> 	Do you see the same when hardwired?  I keep many of my devices hardwired
> to avoid odd jitter issues.

No issues on the wire at all. Quite perfect.

Like you, I hard-wire all fixed devices (TV's, a/v receivers, satellite
decoders, gaming consoles, energy meters, e.t.c.). The only devices on
wireless are mobile devices, tablets, laptops and the Windows PC which
is hooked up via wi-fi as well.

>    I also saw some older versions of the Pulse Secure
> VPN add the behavior you describe, including the more uptime the slower it would
> get.

I use Viscosity as an SSL/VPN client. The issue is the same whether it
is enabled or offline.

Mark.