Apple Catalina Appears to Introduce Massive Jitter

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Thu Oct 29 12:31:59 UTC 2020

On 10/29/20 14:27, Matt Hoppes wrote:

> Is it actually jitter or is it potentially the wireless network card
> going into sleep mode? I have seen that type of behavior on Apple
> products when the cards go into low power mode although I can’t say I
> have noticed that on my laptop.

Not, not sleep mode, because I am actively using the device to move data
to/from the Internet.

I was actually struggling to upload some files to Youtube last weekend,
and had to use another computer to do it as I couldn't figure out what
was going on. That it is how bad the jitter is.

It seems to be a much bigger problem for the upload direction than the
download, but it, inevitably creates a symmetrical performance problem.

Mark.