Virginia voter registration down due to cable cut [ID #5475615x3]

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Mon Oct 19 14:57:29 UTC 2020

---- DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE ----

Assigned to: BuyGoods Support

						Again, hopefully Twitter won't
fall down again during the evening of November 3rd. The digeratti will
lose thier minds.

No offense towards our many friends at Twitter, but I think the best thing that could happen would be for Twitter to shut 'er down from November 1 through November 6. Remove one of the primary avenues for rapid disinformation and confusion, and allow tabulations to proceed without extra nonsense.
This of course won't happen, but one can dream.
On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 2:37 AM Sean Donelan  wrote:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2020, Valdis Kltnieks wrote:
> my reaction was more like
>
> Surprise, surprise, surprise...

S.N.A.F.U.

Other SNAFUs, Georgia had technical problems with its voter database
systems during the first couple of days of early voting. Expect all sorts
of minor problems throughout the election and afterwards. Nonetheless they
are unlikely to significantly impact the results (hopefully), but will
generate lots of noise.

Its not just underfunded state I.T. systems. Even very large social media
companies can have technical Oopsies. Again, hopefully Twitter won't
fall down again during the evening of November 3rd. The digeratti will
lose thier minds.

Even if Twitter or another major social media platform does go belly-up,
most likely it will be a normal technical problem. Wishing the FBI & CISA
& OGAs watch officers a very boring night on November 3rd.

In other news, New Zealand is having national elections this weekend. New
Zealand is usually ranked in the top 10 best election administrations
worldwide. NZ expects to have the majority of ballots counted within 2
hours of their polls closing on Saturday evening.

Jealous of the Kiwis and their competently run elections. :-)

Team BuyGoods