Ingress filtering on transits, peers, and IX ports

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 07:38:02 UTC 2020

All DNS resolvers discovered on our network belong to customers. Our own
resolvers, running unbound, were not discovered.

While filtering same AS on ingress could help those customers (but only one
was a open relay), filtering bogons is something the customer can also do.
Or the software can be fixed. Do we really expect the ISP to implement
firewalls instead of customers upgrading software?

I also note that apparently our own ISPs (transits) do not filter bogons
either.

The above is a principal question. I am going to filter bogons, it just is
not very high on my long list of stuff to do.

Regards

Baldur