FCC FUSF charges clarification

TJ Trout tj at pcguys.us
Wed Oct 14 21:38:31 UTC 2020

You shouldn't be getting USF recovery charges if you aren't utilizing
interstate services from said carrier, although all carriers will try to
collect these recovery charges even though a fraction of them actually pay
this forward into USF fund! IP Transit is exempt per ITNA/ITFA as well as
any waves/private lines etc so long as they aren't interstate, even then it
can be exempt (i think) as long as it carries IP traffic.