Ingress filtering on transits, peers, and IX ports

Brian Knight ml at knight-networks.com
Wed Oct 14 14:25:08 UTC 2020

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for your reply.  But I am looking for guidance on traffic
filtering, not BGP prefix filtering.

I have looked at BCP 84, and it's a good overview of the methods
available to an ISP.  My questions are more operational in nature and
are not covered by the document.  Of the choices presented in BCP 84,
what do folks really use?  If it's an ACL, what challenges have there
been with updates?  etc.

-Brian