Passive Wave Primer

Tony Wicks tony at wicks.co.nz
Tue Oct 13 19:35:49 UTC 2020

We sell some wavelengths on passive CWDM/DWDM path's between Datacentres
(less than 80Km) to customers to spread the cost of leasing the dark fibre.
But yes, as far as long distance (apart from bespoke offerings) I'm yet to
see a productised alien wave service. If you are spending all that money on
OTN kit the extra cost of the transponders is not really significant I
suppose.