Juniper configuration recommendations/BCP

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Mon Oct 12 14:06:05 UTC 2020

Here's a fun one.
By default Junos accepts extended communities on any BGP session (not just
on MP-BGP sessions like it's the default case on cisco -unless explicitly
enabled).
Since most operators are not aware of this default Junos behaviour, one can
be importing routes to interesting places if one were so inclined.

-so yeah bleach unwanted communities on ingress (bleach those that would
interfere with the ones used by the AS internally -so called
"untaggable"/"untouchable" ).

adam