Securing Greenfield Service Provider Clients

Garrett Skjelstad garrett at skjelstad.org
Sun Oct 11 13:40:36 UTC 2020

If this is really greenfield, consider taking a tenant approach to your
egress traffic handling, you mentioned a "black box with subscription",
then consider making that blackbox/traffic path be only available to
whatever tenant subscribes to the service, and if they want the SSL/MITM
decryption, then their local IT team (or yours) can handle the certificate
management and risk of doing such a thing.

Then all you need to worry about is managing the egress per tenant, which
can all be maintained separately from whatever services you're wrapping up
into that security service package.

Keep in mind your 80/20s :)

-Garrett