Florida: Voter registration website overwhelmed at deadline

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Tue Oct 6 20:17:48 UTC 2020

I understand that there is underlying work that can't be sourced somewhere else, at least not trivially.

How many of these overloaded web sites that we hear about (voter registration, unemployment registration, web sites announced in a big way, causing surges in traffic, etc.) have a CDN offloading the low-hanging fruit?

I know that processing a voter registration is far more intensive than serving up static images, but surely a CDN taking the low hanging fruit would help to some degree. I'm assuming most of the people running these sites are clueless and haven't looked at this, but maybe they have.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange