telia selling carrier ops to polhem infra

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Oct 6 16:03:58 UTC 2020

> On Oct 6, 2020, at 11:28 AM, James Breeden <James at arenalgroup.co> wrote:
>
> Still smells Swedish to me. Probably will end up with a different name, but other than that I don't see much changing. Sounds more like a spinoff than acquisition.

Yeah, I guess my questions are more long-term, usually in the 12 month window not much changes, but I’ve seen people expand to be global carriers then shrink back to their incumbent countries, (eg: 5511, 3320) over the years with a few holding their own, or having some minimal international presence..

What will happen here?  I’m curious as there are usually some economic drivers of these events.  I’m not sure I see what would be a driver unless the business is losing significant amount of SEK and this is effectively a restructuring.

- Jared