CIDR cleanup

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Fri Oct 2 10:56:52 UTC 2020

On Fri, Oct 02, 2020 at 03:39:00AM -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
> > Marco Marzetti (PCCW) wrote an even faster compression tool!
> > https://github.com/lamehost/aggregate-prefixes
> >
> > Both these python implementations are meant as replacements for ISC's
> > vintage 'aggregate' Unix utility, with the notable difference that they
> > also support IPv6.
>
> ok, i gotta ask.  has someone tested to see if they all produce the same
> result givem the same input?  i do not mean to imply they do not.  i
> just have to wonder.

Yes, of course. Marco and I collaborated on the tool's regression
testing.

	job at bench $ aggregate6 < dfz_ipv4 | md5
	066bfea49c4c20fed7d86d355044764a
	job at bench $ aggregate-prefixes < dfz_ipv4 | md5
	066bfea49c4c20fed7d86d355044764a

	job at bench $ aggregate6 < dfz_ipv6 | md5
	1193796d41cc47f32230da281e3ad419
	job at bench $ aggregate-prefixes < dfz_ipv6 | md5
	1193796d41cc47f32230da281e3ad419

Kind regards,

Job