Hand held copper Ethernet testers

Billy Crook BCrook at unrealservers.net
Thu Oct 1 12:29:28 UTC 2020

ByteBrothers (Now Triplett) Real World Certifier (RWC) has been my go-to
for a while.  It doesn't mess with DHCP or PoE voltage though.

But cable maps, distance, and it includes tracing/toning.

I like that the remote wand indicates success/failure by its LED so you
don't have to walk back to the end with the screen just to know it's good.

It's a marked improvement over the cheap crap scrolling LED testers,
without paying fluke prices.

Then again the microscanner is only twice the price and it looks amazing.
When I discovered the RWC, the next level up was 10x or so the price.