Apple Catalina Appears to Introduce Massive Jitter - SOLVED! - Update!

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Sun Nov 22 09:16:39 UTC 2020

So after installing Little Snitch and basically denying "trustd" any
kind of Internet access, I have been seeing reasonably normal jitter
with Bluetooth enabled.

It's not that Bluetooth stops scanning, but it's not scanning as
aggressively. So after a few minutes, there will be very high jitter
when Bluetooth scans the environment, but it would affect only a single
packet. It's easily reduced its chattiness by 99%.

I don't have any empirical data to support the claim that Little Snitch
has anything to do with it (and I am too lazy to dig further into it),
but the reduction in jitter is massively noticeable since Little Snitch.
Which means I can now run Catalina with Bluetooth enabled and not have
any wi-fi problems.

Just FYI, for the archives :-).

Mark.