Telia Not Withdrawing v6 Routes

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Thu Nov 19 03:58:36 UTC 2020

On 11/18/20 14:58, adamv0025 at netconsultings.com wrote:

>  From my experience, most of the SPs spend a considerable time testing for SW defects on features (and combinations of features) that will be used and at scale intended,

I'm not so sure about that, actually.

I'd say there are some ISP's that spend some (or a considerable) amount
of time testing for software defects.

My anecdotal experience is that most ISP's have neither the time, tools
nor resources to do significant testing of software. More like, "is the
version anything after R1, has it been around long enough, has it been
recommended by TAC, are the -nsp lists raving on about it, is it a
maintenance release, is the caveat list too long, does my vendor SE
approve", type-thing.

>   that's how you identify most of the bugs. What you're left with afterwards are special packets of death or some slow memory leaks (basically the more exotic stuff).

Which the majority of ISP's likely will never test for.

Mark.