AFRINIC IP Block Thefts -- The Saga Continues

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Nov 17 18:02:01 UTC 2020

On 11/16/20 19:04, Valdis Klētnieks wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2020 09:22:33 +0000, Elad Cohen said:
>
>> Did I start legal proceedings with AfriNIC with conspiracy theories or with facts and data?
>
> OK.. I'll probably end up regretting this, but...
>
> Is there any actual independently verifiable proof that legal proceeding have been started?

In the old days on the NANAE newsgroup, such bogus threats of legal
action were categorized as one calling their "cartooney". People who
huff and puff and threaten to sue rarely do so. If someone actually
plans on suing you, your first hint is typically a knock on the door by
a process server, not repeated threats in an online forum.

Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
503 897-8550 - WB6RDV