Telia Not Withdrawing v6 Routes

Markus Weber (FvD) fvd-ml-net at uucp.de
Tue Nov 17 06:01:54 UTC 2020

On 17.11.2020 around 02:36 Sabri Berisha wrote:
> Interesting. A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, where I was a
> JTAC engineer, policy was that once a PR was hit in the field, it
> would be marked public.
>
> Also, in the case that I described it wasn't a Junos device. Makes me
> wonder how bugs like that get introduced. One would expect that after
> 20+ years of writing BGP code, handling a withdrawl would be
> easy-peasy.

New code, new features, new problems. E.g. public PR1323306 describes a
BGP stuck situation. (And the fixed code should address as well a -
hidden - PR, which causes down/stale sessions, leading to stuck routes
even without a both-side GRES event). All very, very special cases ...
but some of us will find / get hit by them (unfortunately).

Markus