AFRINIC IP Block Thefts -- The Saga Continues

Rob McEwen rob at invaluement.com
Mon Nov 16 16:40:27 UTC 2020

On 11/16/2020 9:54 AM, Tom Beecher wrote:
> I would like to formally request that Mr. Cohen's privileges to post
> to this list be revoked, or otherwise curtailed.

+1

Several months ago, Elad Cohen went on record claiming that I was
secretly "Rob Shultz" from Spamhaus - an outrageous lie. (Spamhaus is
actually my competitor... and I've only ever known a few people there -
and not even that well.) What I had to do to (somewhat!) clear my name -
so that the average person who doesn't know me could tell with a high
degree of certainty that Elad Cohen lies about me weren't true - took
away many hours out of my life and got me in trouble with maawg for
discussing too many details about the people at maawg events whom I had
interacted with (to show that me and this other Rob couldn't possibly be
the same person). Note that I barely know "Rob Shultz", and hadn't even
heard of "Rob Shultz" until AFTER I saw Cohen's accusation. I don't
think that "Rob Shultz" is a bad person at all - from what little I know
about him - but these accusations could potentially cause
frustration/confusion in the niche market served by both invaluement (my
company) and Spamhaus. The way Elad Cohen pushes ludicrous/unfounded
conspiracy theories that are easily proven false - makes me question his
mental heath. Ironically, at the same time, I'm actually somewhat of an
*EXTREMIST* when it comes to free-speech and the free flow of ideas. I
absolutely hate it when others shut down opposing ideas due to being
"offended". But what makes this case DIFFERENT - is that I draw a line
at slander/libel. I gave Elad Cohen every opportunity to prove his
accusations - and he wasn't able to. And, again, what I had to explain
about my meetings with people (aka "witnesses") at maawg - to prove that
Elad was lying - caused me irreparable damage with maawg. His
slander/libel is damaging to others. He doesn't add any value (at least,
none that I can find) - he only harms other people in malicous ways.

--
Rob McEwen, invaluement