Disney+ Geolocation (again)

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Sun Nov 8 17:20:17 UTC 2020

On 11/8/20 8:58 AM, Mike Hammett wrote:
> Ugh, they used to.
>
> I can't stand these consumer-focused organizations that are
> irresponsible to the greater operator community.

I was told to go to help.disneyplus.com to resolve this, which just
gives you the "you're on a VPN" page if you type in "error 73". I called
anyway, and as I assumed they can't help me as an ISP calling in. (I did
test to confirm with a friend's account but I'm not the account holder.)
Even then, that doesn't help the overall "yeah our service works with
every major streaming service *except* Disney+, so if you use them
you'll have to call to convince them you're not using a VPN."

This isn't even a new network, I've had 74.118.152.0/21 allocated to me
since 2005. Why people insist on reinventing the geolocation wheel is
beyond me.

~Seth