Strange connectivity issue Frontier EVPL

Karsten Thomann karsten_thomann at linfre.de
Fri Nov 6 18:48:36 UTC 2020

Am Freitag, 6. November 2020, 10:31:25 schrieb Jay Hennigan:
> On 11/6/20 10:14, Mike Lyon wrote:
> > What hardware is on each side?
>
> On our aggregate side an ASR920. Customer has a RAD device as the
> Frontier handoff. We've seen the same issue with multiple devices at the
> customer side including a laptop direct to the RAD.

It sounds a bit like loadbalancing with one broken link...

Have you verified, for example with acl counters at both sides of the link, in which direction the
packets are dropped?

As the customer has changed the devices, does the ASR uses a MAC starting with 4 or 6?

My only idea at the moment is to generate load on the link with a udp traffic generator which
does not work end to end and let them check where the traffic dies within their network.

Karsten