CNAME records in place of A records

Matthias Luft nanog at c7f.de
Fri Nov 6 16:57:27 UTC 2020

While the change from A to CNAME itself is probably not based on
security considerations, a CNAME pointing to a CDN or similar can result
in future security issues, i.e. you want to closely monitor your
externally pointing CNAMEs when you get rid of external services:
https://www.hackerone.com/blog/Guide-Subdomain-Takeovers