Technology risk without safeguards

Suresh Kalkunte sskalkunte at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 15:22:13 UTC 2020

> Can you provide a case where this may
> have happened?

As you mention, a normal operational scenario finds powerful RF on the
rooftop. My concern is an abnormal scenario where powerful RF is used to
sabotage an electronic equipment or human. Magnetron + horn antenna
(forgive me for using this as an example a few times so far) for instance
is capable of significant harm. If I mention, I have been victimized, at
present we do not have the diagnostic/forensic tests (forensic DNA
scientists at the NIST can be contacted to verify) to prove intentional
harm from powerful EMF  has occurred.

My motivation to bring this topic for discussion is to make aware of the
unlimited risk _if_ someone chooses to use powerful EMF as a method of
sabotage. I do not relish to discuss this, but I remember reading on NANOG
some 20-25 years ago, I paraphrase 'those with anti-social intentions do
not publish papers'.

Regards,
Suresh