Technology risk without safeguards

Matt Harris matt at netfire.net
Wed Nov 4 22:01:21 UTC 2020

My first instinct is to let this be because the level of conspiracy theory
nuttiness seems to be very high and the level of knowledge of basic physics
seems to be very low, but since this list is archived in a way that
lay-people may reference it at some point in the future, I'm going to go
ahead and reply just this once more and just one point here so that a lack
of response here won't be used as fodder by conspiracy theorists.

Matt Harris|Infrastructure Lead Engineer
816-256-5446|Direct
Looking for something?
Helpdesk Portal|Email Support|Billing Portal
We build and deliver end-to-end IT solutions.
On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 2:48 PM Suresh Kalkunte <sskalkunte at gmail.com> wrote:

> At an employer where I developed Wi-Fi based SOHO device, an adjacent
> group was testing Line of Sight transceivers. Nobody warned me of the
> inclement health (a general physician in 2007 suspected cancer looking at a
> blood test) from close quarters exposure to the side lobes emanating from
> the microwave radio.

There is no scientific evidence that RF emissions in the bands used for
communications have any causal relationship with cancer in humans. This is
an internet conspiracy theory with no basis in reality or science. If your
doctor suspected that you had cancer caused by something related to
microwave band communications equipment, you need to find a new doctor.