{Disarmed} Re: Asus wifi AP re-writing DNS packets

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 21:51:37 UTC 2020

This is annoying behavior, because unless you are doing something weird
with actually signing DNS or TCP DNS, the router can just inject a fake
response for their one DNS name they need into any UDP DNS stream with a
tiny bit of inspection.  Hijacking all of DNS is the DUMB way to do it.

And either way you go, it should be configuration flaggable on/off.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com