{Disarmed} Re: Asus wifi AP re-writing DNS packets

Tony Wicks tony at wicks.co.nz
Wed Nov 4 19:31:10 UTC 2020

I had a similar discussion with another vendor recently while testing their mesh wireless systems. This vendor’s units are actually re-writing dhcp requests that clients make to point DNS to the primary mesh unit. This even happened when the mesh platform was in pure bridge mode (as opposed to router mode). The vendor said this was to make sure their app worked reliably. I’d say this sort of behaviour has quietly become common in the one app to rule it all world.