Explore the best of NANOG 80 Virtual!

NANOG News news at nanog.org
Wed Nov 4 15:38:48 UTC 2020

*NANOG 80 Virtual *
The conference <https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-80/> may be over, but
the hours of archived talks + tutorials, keynotes + panels are just waiting
to be explored! We've gathered up all the very best, just for you. Scroll
on to learn more!

View Agenda <https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-80/agenda/>
View Attendees
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-80/registered-attendees/>

*Virtual Webcast *
Whether virtual or IRL, we live-stream every conference so you can return
to any recorded presentation you’d like at any time — from a panel that
explored why we still have DDoS attacks, to keynotes, talks, and tutorials
on everything from troubleshooting with Traceroute, to the awe and angst of
being a networker in 2020.

You'll find a curated selection of NANOG 80 videos on NANOG TV
<https://nanog.org/news-stories/nanog-tv/nanog-80-webcast/> + the full
webcast on our YouTube channel
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO8DR5ZGla8jTFU5_7OiMIyJNHOsDnKhI>,
with hours of insights from some of the brightest minds in network
engineering, operations, and architecture.

*Keynotes*
"I think of us as the unsung heroes; the people behind the scenes keeping
the Internet running, making communities possible." — Jezzibell Gilmore,
PacketFabric

Didn't get to tune in to Jezzibell Gilmore and Avi Freedman's keynotes? Be
sure to check them out on NANOG TV
<https://www.nanog.org/news-stories/nanog-tv/>! In Jezzibell's keynote
"Growing Up With NANOG," she discussed how community helped her grow as an
individual, team member, leader, and friend. Avi's keynote, "The Awe,
Angst, and Challenge of Being a Networker in 2020," covered what's
changing, what we're aspiring to, what we're behind on, and a few concrete
steps you can take to keep up and even ahead.

*Community Meeting *
NANOG's success depends on the collective expertise of its dynamic
community! Miss out on the NANOG 80 Virtual Community Meeting? Watch the
recording
<https://nanog.org/news-stories/nanog-tv/nanog-80-webcast/nanog-80-community-meeting/>
to hear more from Executive Director Edward McNair on our virtual platform
and future tech initiatives, as well as NANOG Outreach and NANOG Stories.

*Congrats to Tina Morris and Vincent Celindro! *
Please join us in congratulating Tina and Vincent, who were elected by our
community to serve on the NANOG Board of Directors 🎉 Full results of the
election, which was held during NANOG 80 Virtual, can be viewed here
<https://nanog.org/participate/elections-nominations/>. Thank you to all of
the exceptional candidates who ran for office!

*Call for Presentations*
Share your insights at a future NANOG meeting, with a presentation that
brings your research + ideas to life. The NANOG PC accepts proposals
<https://www.nanog.org/participate/call-presentations/> on a rolling basis,
and would love to see yours!

*Our community is the best! *
The NANOG Staff, Board of Directors, and Program Committee would like to
thank each and every attendee + sponsor + exhibitor
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-80/our-sponsors/> for making NANOG 80
an amazing experience — your continued support means everything to us!

*Save the date for NANOG 81 Virtual*
The conference will take place online from February 8-10, 2021, to ensure
the safety and well-being of our community. The in-person conference in
Atlanta has been canceled. As always, we're committed to making sure all
NANOG Virtual events are accessible and welcoming to all. Stay tuned for
details on registration!