Bird Router Appliance projects

Douglas Fischer fischerdouglas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 08:15:20 UTC 2020

I'm deploying some Linux based routers with BIRD as the routing daemon.
 -> Yep, Bird is a specific requirement for this project.

But is taking me to much time to adjust(and in the future keep it running
good) the basic like, sysctl adjustments for routing and performance on
that, ssh/snmp and security tunning for that.

So I'm looking for something a bit more "almost ready".

I remembered BSRP(which has a recent release with support to Bird 2.0.7).
But I'm looking for something in the Linux world.

P.S.:
Actually, I believe that what better describes my wishes would be:
Something like Vyos or Danos, with all the complementary resources of a
router like: SNMP, Netflow, SSH, Telnet, Interfaces/Address setting...
But with Bird instead of FRR.

--
Douglas Fernando Fischer
Engº de Controle e Automação