Curious Cloudflare DNS behavior

Constantine A. Murenin mureninc at gmail.com
Sat May 30 18:52:58 UTC 2020

When you're not paying for service, you're not the customer, you're the
product.

I don't understand why anyone, especially anyone frequenting NANOG, would
use Cloudflare for their DNS.

Cloudflare runs a racket business, and their whole business model depends
on them being a monopoly; plus people buying into the vapourware that they
offer.  When have monopolies been good for any industry?  There's plenty of
evidence of Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 not working correctly; I'm sure one of their
employees (or the CTO!) will show up shortly to say otherwise!

C.