Contact at Ubiquiti Networks?

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Tue May 26 15:02:59 UTC 2020

Mostly agree, but the "your pet bug" argument has validity.

When the thing that isn't working is basic functionality, (e.g. IPv6) ,
there is no excuse for that not to work, and a company that tries to spin
'basic functionality" as "feature request" tends to dig their own grave.

But many, many bugs are a result of a Large Spending Companies that told a
vendor "implement this thing or I won't buy from you anymore". Sometimes
that thing is a good feature that advances the entire industry, and
sometimes that thing is a bad feature that only helps their situation and
they are simply throwing money to make it someone else's problem.

This is why we see the historical pattern. Vendor enters the space and they
are great! Over some years their code bloats all to hell and turns into
buggy garbage because they are spending 90% of their time supporting 10% of
the features from 5% of their customers because they spend the most money.
Eventually someone starts something new and enters the space and here we go
again. Sound familiar?