Network issues in Israel/Middle East

John Von Essen john at essenz.com
Mon May 25 18:59:48 UTC 2020

I know this is outside the scope of “North America”, but has anyone else been fielding more issues related to network health/congestion in the middle east, specifically Israel?

Our users in Israel are primarily served from India-based resources (AWS/Azure), both of which have cloud capacity issues in India that I’m aware of.

Also, the majority of our users in Israel that have been reporting slowness seem to be mostly behind the ISP Bezeq. If we force them to route to Ireland (which is technically farther away form a latency standpoint) things are much better, so I’m wondering if just Bezeq (or everyone in Israel) is just experiencing 3rd party-related network congestion to Mumbai.

Thanks
John