BGPmon alerting me about prefixes being withdrawn from Hurricane Electric attached sites

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat May 23 13:38:14 UTC 2020

I've already emailed the HE NOC, but curious if anyone else this morning has
noticed any of their prefixes going missing from Hurricane Electric attached
networks.

BGPmon sent me these alerts, happening at different times:

Withdraw of Prefix (Code: 97)
Your prefix:          104.192.56.0/22:
Update time:          2020-05-23 12:28 (UTC)
Detected by #peers:   17

Withdraw of Prefix (Code: 97)
Your prefix:          96.31.0.0/19:
Update time:          2020-05-23 13:08 (UTC)
Detected by #peers:   13

When I log into my BGPmon portal and look at the BGPmon peers listed,
basically every one is peered directly or indirectly with HE. These BGPmon
peers are located all over the world and if those two prefixes were globally
withdrawn then the peer count would be much higher.

While HE has a looking glass website, I can only choose three at a time, and
since these 13 to 17 peers are located all over the world and I don't know
what the IPs are, I can't traceroute to figure out what their most likely
interconnection point with HE is to look at the appropriate looking glass.
The HE NOC is obviously better positioned to see where our prefixes are or
are not on their network, which is why I contacted them.

Frank
AS53347