IP whitelisting in twitter (the joy of full tunnel VPN)

Alfie Pates alfie at fdx.services
Sat May 23 12:40:46 UTC 2020

I've been running into the same aggressive ratelimiting with a twitter wall
we run for events - despite logging in with our own API access, two hits to
the twitter search API within 30 seconds seem to get ratelimited - I have
to wait about 5 minutes after that second connection to make sure I don't

I'm finding I have to make sure the search term is correct first time, and
the "firehose" of real-time tweets doesn't update like I remember in the
past.

Perhaps this is a continuation of Twitter removing API functionality to
prevent developers writing alternative Twitter clients?

~a