DNS cache Validation

Adam Kennedy adamkennedy at watchcomm.net
Tue May 19 04:31:05 UTC 2020

I wrote a script to expose stats from unbound to SNMP and built a Cacti
template for that. Recently started moving the DNS stats to feed into
Telegraf that pushes to an InfluxDB server, then built a dashboard in
Grafana. We track DNS RTT for a few queries, number of drops, number of
rejects, various record type requests per second, etc. We also have a
Nagios plugin that checks each of our DNS cache resolving servers scattered
across the network to ensure they can resolve a handful of popular domains.
Adam Kennedy
Systems Engineer
adamkennedy at watchcomm.net | 800-589-3837 x120 <800-589-3837;120>
Watch Communications | www.watchcomm.net