Rogue BGP Routes

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Fri May 15 15:05:14 UTC 2020

On 5/14/20 1:53 PM, Gary Godard via NANOG wrote:
> Hi,
>        We are having an issue with Charter Communications advertising 2
> of our IP ranges.
> We are in the process of implementing RPKI now, but does anyone have a
> suggestion on how to get them to stop? We have tried contacting them via
> email and via and phone through numerous channels with no luck.

Good luck. Charter hijacked my prefixes once while I was a paying
customer (did not withdraw after I shut down BGP) and they wouldn't do
anything about it outside of wanting to schedule a maintenance window.

But do let us know what prefixes they are so those of us who are
proactive about such things can filter and do contact everyone Charter
peers with or where they use an upstream. I got faster responses that
way than with Charter directly.

~Seth