Don't forget RFG (was: Re: RIPE NCC Executive Board election)

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Fri May 15 13:24:51 UTC 2020

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 11:23:28AM +0200, Terrence Koeman via NANOG wrote:
> FYI, the voting results for the three positions on the RIPE exec
> board were just announced and Elad was NOT elected.

https://www.ripe.net/participate/meetings/gm/meetings/may-2020

Congratulations to Maria Häll, Raymond Jetten, and Christian
Kaufmann on their election.

I'm not familiar with any of them, but a quick search suggests that
they are all eminently qualified.

> No doubt we should thank the super illegal, criminal and anonymous
> Spamhaus cabal as well as the super shady and corrupt IPv6 lobby
> for manipulating this election from the shadows!

Please don't forget the efforts of Ronald F. Guilmette.

I may not agree with RFG on various things, but I applaud the tenacity
he has always displayed, and the ability to instigate a 100+-message
flamefest on NANOG that so clearly demonstrated important qualities
about his target -- now archived in perpetuity.

Ronald, thanks for this public service.  Electing qualified board
members to RIPE, etc., is important, especially in this era that sees
things like the .ORG/PIR/ICANN debacle.

I expect that it is also outside the charter of the list, but on the
other hand, it isn't clear that there's a better place.  These things
are not operational or technical issues, but eventually do come to
have an impact on operations.

Regards,

... JG
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way
through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that
democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"-Asimov