Akamai/CDN rate limiting

John Von Essen john at essenz.com
Fri May 15 02:47:01 UTC 2020

Can someone from Akamai reach out off-list?

I work for a major search engine (not google or bing) and we’re rolling out a new region. One of our upstream API partners is using Akamai CDN on the front end. When we tried an initial rollout of the region we started to get alot of connection timeouts from the Akamai powered CDN, presumably due to some kind of rate limiting. It was also very bursty in nature. It would be great if we could confirm this, and figure out a way to mitigate.

Thanks
John