RIPE NCC Executive Board election

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu May 14 03:01:36 UTC 2020

On Wed, 13 May 2020 17:17:07 -0000, David Hubbard said:

> LOL the IPv4+ thing was a pretty entertaining read.  You clearly don’t have
> even a basic understanding of the v4 packet structure, or that the octet
> display concept is simply for human benefit.  IPv6 can be implemented with
> ‘software updates’ too…

Yes, it was quite the chuckle, approaching the IPv8 proposal and that guy who
kept insisting that an octet was misnumbered and could represent 257 addresses...

> From: NANOG <nanog-bounces at nanog.org> on behalf of Elad Cohen <elad at netstyle.io>
> Date: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 9:47 AM
> To: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg at tristatelogic.com>, "nanog at nanog.org" <nanog at nanog.org>
> Subject: Re: RIPE NCC Executive Board election
>
> Hello Everyone,

> My apology for not providing an official response to the first "The Ronald
> Show" that took place here many months ago, I was out of hospital after full
> anesthesia and it took me months to get back to myself.

I'm pretty sure Elad should have used this next part for backing up his
assertion that he was totally out of it during April.

Because he's doing a really good job here of demonstrating that he doesn't
understand how the Internet works well enough to qualify for a seat on the RIPE
board: