RIPE NCC Executive Board election

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu May 14 02:56:59 UTC 2020

On Wed, 13 May 2020 17:00:14 -0400, Jon Lewis said:

> When you've convinced Cisco, Juniper, Arista, and a few other router
> vendors to implement, and have submitted patches for the Linux kernel and
> userspace to implement IPv4+ (good luck with all that...and expect to be
> met with "Can we have some of what you've been smoking?"), then you can
> start pushing your next gen IP concepts.  Until then, it's a total
> non-starter.

At least when Dave Taht was pushing his "make the class E space usable",
he had patches and testing for multiple systems.  Turns out that not many
systems check for 'first octet >= 240', but actually test for the class D space
and using class E Just Works an amazing percent of the time....

(Yes, I was surprised myself, but deploying it is still very much in the
"effort better spent deploying IPv6" territory...)