RIPE NCC Executive Board election

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed May 13 21:00:14 UTC 2020

On Wed, 13 May 2020, Elad Cohen wrote:

> ----
> Do you realise that this means you're requiring changing *every*
> socket-speaking application in the world?
> ----
> Every internet host that will want to speak IPv4+ , will have an update (for example through the operating systems automatic updates mechanisms)

And every piece of software that works with / supports IPv4.

When you've convinced Cisco, Juniper, Arista, and a few other router
vendors to implement, and have submitted patches for the Linux kernel and
userspace to implement IPv4+ (good luck with all that...and expect to be
met with "Can we have some of what you've been smoking?"), then you can
start pushing your next gen IP concepts.  Until then, it's a total
non-starter.

If this person can't be removed from the list for wasting everyone's time,
I suggest filing him right under Jim Flemming.

:0
* ^From:.*(jfleming(@anet\.com|unety\.net)|ipv6nog at gmail\.com)
/dev/null

:0
* (^TO|^From:).*<elad at netstyle.io>
/dev/null

I'm out of this thread...I've already seen the above rule do its job.