looking for operator validation for regexes that extract ASNs

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Mon May 11 08:36:03 UTC 2020

 ❦ 11 mai 2020 20:03 +12, Matthew Luckie:

> To support Internet topology analysis efforts, we have been working on
> an algorithm to detect AS numbers inside hostnames (PTR records) for
> router interfaces, and automatically build regular expressions
> (regexes) to extract them.

Hello Matthew,

This work is quite interesting. I see you have also a page to build
regex from router names for each operator. Did you already work on
extracting city names/US states? This would be quite helpful as well.
--
Take care to branch the right way on equality.