How to manage Static IPs to customers

Luke Guillory lguillory at reservetele.com
Fri May 8 20:15:59 UTC 2020

I believe some of the bigger guys do BSoD (business services over DOCSI), L2 out the CMTS then take it to a central router for the CPEs gateway. Being that the GW lives on the CMTS in a normal setup, during node splits that would require customers moving to a new CMTS it might mean the customer doesn’t have access to that subnet anymore.

BSoD makes that a non-issue since their GW doesn't reside on the CMTS anymore, just move their vlan and they're good.

Luke