McAfee's certificate on akamai seems to be invalid

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Thu May 7 17:14:00 UTC 2020

On 5/7/20 12:16 PM, Niels Bakker wrote:
> It looks like you shouldn't attempt to access that site over HTTPS, just
> via plain HTTP.  Do you have any official bit of documentation
> that links to the HTTPS version?

Given the prevalence of opportunistic upgrades to TLS these days, I'd
argue that having a misbehaving server listing on 443 (and accepting SNI
for a name that works on plain HTTP, if applicable) at the same domain
as a well-known, public HTTP server, especially from a "security"
company, is a poor idea.
--
Brandon Martin