alternative to voip gateways

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Sun May 3 21:15:00 UTC 2020

Agreed I would do the Adtran Total Access 5000. What you want is the
"combo" cards. They combine a SIP FXS gateway and DSL port on one port, aka
a Combo port. This would be the way to go, as it doesn't require external
splitters to combine a DSL and Voice signal as you are talking about with
two separate modules.

If cost is a concern, look at Zhone. They have carrier class gear on the
cheap.

BTW, some of these chassis can support like 1000's of lines out of 1 box.
Could do the whole village on a single rack quite easily.