alternative to voip gateways

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Sun May 3 15:08:17 UTC 2020

We’ve been implementing similar DSL systems at large campgrounds for years. There are a huge number of high-density DSLAM solutions out there, and DSL CPE cost practically nothing. As you say, $25K is plenty to pay for the hardware, and a rack is plenty of space. The most time consuming part is wiring the existing POTS lines into amphenol connectors to plug into the DSLAM, 25 pairs at a time.

In addition to Calix\Occam, Adtran‘s TotalAccess solution is worth looking into for their carrier-class support.

 -mel beckman